Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
Insurance / FDA – Facts to Know When You Appeal a Denial
First of all…..appeal denials!!
1) Think about how the company will benefit from spending money on the treatments, such as what other medical treatments/services might be avoided or eliminated.
2) You want the help of the person reading the letter so be respectful so that they want to help your child.
3) Paint a picture of your child that forces them to see them as a person rather than a number.
4) If you’ve had previous HBOT, detail any past improvements noted during HBOT treatments and in the following six months.
Things to Help In Planning
Questions to Ask When Seeking an HBOT Clinic:
1) What pressure will be used?
2) What type of chamber is used?
3) What is the percent of oxygen delivered during the treatment?
4) How old is the equipment and what was the date of the last maintenance?
5) Has it been modified?
6) What is the maintenance schedule for the chamber?
7) What type of training are the technicians required to complete?